Why Every Home Needs Essential Oils For Cleaning
Did you know?
- Essential Oils have been used for centuries for cleaning.
- They have properties that help keep your home, vehicle, and other areas clean and fresh smelling.
- Are immune enhancing.
- Improve Mental Clarity.
- Purify your home and help create a toxin free environment.
- Within 20 seconds, a scent reaches your brain through the olfactory nerve. Formaldahyde is a common ingredient in air fresheners. When hit by formaldehyde, the olfactory nerve begins to deaden. Why continue to use chemical air “fresheners”???
- Some cleaning chemicals can last in your home’s air for WEEKS. Why chance it when you don’t have to???
These oils have particular uses in home cleaning:
1. Lemon Oil (any citrus oil, including Lime, Grapefruit, Citrus Fresh – all available at the link below) – Our all time favorite for cleaning. We add several drops of lemon or other citrus oil to our home made cleaning solution (2 gals HOT water, 2 cups white vinegar, 1/4 cup Dr.Bronner’s soap (no fragrance) and 10 drops lemon).
2. Thieves Oil (blend of clove, cinnamon bark, rosemary, lemon, and eucalyptus) – Has been university tested for its cleansing ability and many hospitals use Thieves oil based products.
3. Purification (blend of Lemongrass, Rosemary, Lavindin, Melaleuca, Myrtle, Citronella) – helps to cleanse and neutralize mildew, various odors. I use it in my laundry soap recipe I make. Also helps discourage BUGS.
4. Lavender – A very pleasing, relaxing scent. Has cleansing properties. Also helps with seasonal irritations to nose & throat.
5. Cedarwood – Excellent for discouraging fleas and ticks. Also smells fresh and clean! (I have also brought in actual cedar boughs and placed them under our sofas and beds, etc. when its “flea season”. Smells nice and helps to discourage the little buggers! 🙂
We’ve been using homemade cleaners for a couple years and are never ever going back. They’re less expensive. Don’t give anyone a headache or make us feel dizzy. I don’t have to worry about what we’re breathing in. And, they WORK. 🙂
Not interested in making your own products? I totally get that! Here is a product we’ve been using lately and it also works very well!!
Thieves All Purpose Cleaning Concentrate is an excellent product. It is concentrated so it will LAST A LONG TIME. Like really. All you need is a capful to a spray bottle or a capful or two in a bucket of hot water. It will literally clean everything including your DOG. 🙂 No nasty chemicals AND you’re actually boosting your immune system when you use it!! How’s that for a one-two punch? 🙂
Interested in any of these oils or the Thieves cleaner? Not only can you purchase these (and the entire line) at this link, but you will also find lots of information on how to use them – http://yldist.com/susanhutchinson
Any questions? Feel free to comment below!