Did you know that under one minute after exposure to common household chemicals these traces of these compounds can be found in every organ of the body? Did you know that of the over 10,000 chemicals used in cosmetics, only 11% have been analyzed by the FDA? One report from the EPA shows that chemicals in common household cleaners are THREE TIMES more likely to cause CANCER than air pollution!
A couple of posts back, I gave you lists of common chemicals in products you undoubtedly have in your home and how they affect estrogen levels and your health. Here’s the link in case you haven’t read it yet – click here. Please do all you can to eliminate these products from your home!
In that previous post, I told you I was still studying chemicals and the products there in. Well, Here’s a link to a study done by the National Institute of Environmental Health Services regarding common chemicals and the effects on the body’s endocrine system and respiratory system (asthma). There’s also a PDF link at the bottom of the page that links to a 20 page report on their findings. Its pretty long (and scientific!) so I’ll break down some of it here:
- Parabens – preservative and anti-microbial agent. Found in shampoos, conditioners, cosmetics, shower soaps, and lotions. Linked to cancer, endocrine disruption (hormonal disruption), immunotoxicity, reproductive problems.
- Triclosan – anti-microbial. Found in hand sanitizers. Linked to endocrine disruption.
- Ethanolomines – Solvent in cleaners, emulsifier in creams and lotions. Linked to asthma.
- “Fragrance” – Scent, masking agent. Found in air fresheners, room deodorizers, carpet cleaners, perfume, soaps, etc., etc. Linked to endocrine disruption.
- Perfluorinates – Stain resistance. Found in carpets, upholstery. Linked to endocrine disruption.
- UV Filters – Skin sun protection. Found in sunscreens. Linked to endocrine disruption.
Take control of your health and that of your family’s! Do your own research, find out what you’ve got for toxic chemicals in your home and do what you can to get rid of them! Your health and that of your family’s is worth it isn’t it?
Here’s a link to an All Purpose Cleaner that I make and use regularly. It smells good and IT WORKS!
Here are some recipes for making your own shampoo, laundry soap, etc. They don’t contain anything toxic, they work, and in most cases they’re cheaper!
Don’t want to be bothered to make your own products? Not the DIY type? That’s OK!! Young Living has a complete line of home & personal care products (not just oils!) to help you in your quest for a healthier lifestyle. Check it all out here – Young Living Products
More recipes soon to follow, facial products, body care products. Simple and cheap and NO CHEMICALS! 🙂